The IREN Technologies &
WHAT IS ITIP-2019?
ITIP is short for IREN Technologies & Innovation Platform
The ITIP 2019 aims to promote awareness of smart solutions in mitigating challenges across agriculture value chains. We describe a smart solution as one which addresses agri-related challenges through the use of a mix of ICT and Mechanization to optimize agricultural processes along the agribusiness value chain.
Our objectives are:-
- To offer a platform to showcase smart solutions that solve challenges across the agricultural value chain
- To identify scalable smart solutions that can be valuable in the agribusiness sector
- To optimize agri-processes by promoting the best mix of innovation and technology to business processes along the agribusiness value chain
Who is eligible to participate?
- Young individuals aged 18-35 years
- Individuals should be residents of the 14 lake region counties: Siaya, Homabay, Migori, Kakamega, Bungoma, Busia, Vihiga, Trans Nzoia, Kisii, Nyamira, Bomet, Kisumu, Kericho and Nandi Counties
- Have at least completed secondary education
- Show an interest or understand challenges facing agribusiness sector in their counties
- Available for training and meetings throughout the program (March – November 2019)
- Agri-related Institutions who have been in operation for between 3-5 years could also apply through a representative
Latest ITIP News
Inter-Region Economic Network
Nyaku House Mezzanine Floor, Argwings Kodhek Rd, Hurlingham
P.O. Box 135 -00100 Nairobi, Kenya